The history of the U.S. South is an area of particular strength, as the department boasts seven specialists in the field. Course offerings and faculty research investigate all areas of southern history, from politics and labor relations to the history of race, gender, religion, and the environment. UA is also uniquely located near many important archival resources for the study of the South.
- Assistant Professor Sharony Green’s The Grant Green Story to be Screened by School of Music
- Dreams of Dominion Conference to Highlight to Highlight Connections Between the 19th Century U.S. South and Latin America
- Cornell University Professor Edward Baptist Speaks to Department
- J. Michael Francis Speaks With Department About Indians, Europeans, and Africans in Florida Before 1603
- Dr. Edward Baptist to Speak on “Creating White Freedom by Hunting Enslaved Africans”