The history of the U.S. South is an area of particular strength, as the department boasts seven specialists in the field. Course offerings and faculty research investigate all areas of southern history, from politics and labor relations to the history of race, gender, religion, and the environment. UA is also uniquely located near many important archival resources for the study of the South.
- Graduate Students Fall to Faculty in Annual Softball Match, Once Again
- Dr. Lawrence F. Kohl Retirement Lecture a Huge Success
- Associate Professor Andrew Huebner Appointed Distinguished Lecturer
- Department Professors Participate in Commemoration of WWI Centennial
- Students Participate in The University of Alabama’s annual Undergraduate Research and Creative Activity Conference