The department has a longstanding history of excellence in areas of German, Central European, and Russian history, French history, English history, Medieval history, and Early Modern and Modern history. Faculty specializations range across political, diplomatic, social, cultural, gender, intellectual, religious, imperial, and economic history, as well as the history of science and medicine.
- Department Alumna Donna Cox Baker Builds Career in Historical Publishing
- Assistant Professor Sharony Green’s The Grant Green Story to be Screened by School of Music
- Dreams of Dominion Conference to Highlight to Highlight Connections Between the 19th Century U.S. South and Latin America
- Cornell University Professor Edward Baptist Speaks to Department
- J. Michael Francis Speaks With Department About Indians, Europeans, and Africans in Florida Before 1603