Fellowships & Service
- Andrew Deaton – Awarded a Fulbright Fellowship in the Czech Republic and is living in Prague now doing dissertation research.
- David Ferrara – Awarded a fellowship to work with the department’s Dr. Julia Brock, in partnership with the National Park Service, researching the history of national park lands on the Gulf Coast.
- Daniel Leon – Represents the department’s graduate students in the university’s Graduate Student Association.
Recent Graduate Job Placements
- Ashley Tickle Odebiyi, PhD (2022) – Assistant Professor of History, Arizona State University
- Tori Jessen, PhD (2022) – Academic Readiness Instructor, UA Early College
- Kris Roberts, PhD (2022) – Instructor of History, Georgia State University.
Graduate Opinion Pieces & Essays
- Daniel Leon (MA Student) published “Lessons From the Civil War for the Current Ukraine Situation,” in the St. Louis Post Dispatch, April 18, 2022.
- Joshua Sander (PhD Student) published “Pro-Lifers Should Celebrate, and Repair the Damage Caused by Our Movement,” in the Houston Chronicle, June 24, 2022.
- Ashley Steenson (PhD Student) published “Can Rappers be Jailed for Lyrics and Image? History shows they can,” in the Washington Post, July 18, 2022.