- PhD, The University of Alabama, 2007
- Southern History
- United States History
- U.S. History to 1865 (HY 103)
- U.S. History since 1865 (HY 104)
- Western Civilization to 1648 (HY 101)
- Western Civilization since 1648 (HY 102)
Awards and Honors
- Quality Matters Teaching Online Certificate, 2022.
- Ruth M. Kibbey Award for Outstanding Service to the Department of History, The University of Alabama, 2016.
- Outstanding Content Expert, The University of Alabama College of Continuing Studies, 2010.
- The Gary Bernard Mills Endowed Dissertation Support Fellowship, 2006.
- Dr. Joseph H. Johnson, Jr. Prize in Southern History, 2004.
- The University of Alabama Graduate Council Research and Creative Activity Fellowship, 2003.
- The Frank Lawrence Owsley, Sr. Memorial Scholarship for Superior Competency in History, 2002.
- The Mel Allen Sportscaster of the Year Award, WVUA-FM, Tuscaloosa, AL, 2002.
- The Hall of Fame Award for Specialty Programming, WVUA-FM, Tuscaloosa, AL, 2000.
- “The Simite Extermination,” The Alabama Review 66 (October 2013): 278-300.