- European History
- Military and Naval History
- Religious History
- MA, The University of Alabama, 2021
- BA, Samford University, 2018
- The Crusades and Holy War
- Byzantium and the Crusades
- The Ancient and Medieval Mediterranean World
- Theories and Practices of Empire
- My current research focuses on crusading ideology and rhetoric in the later medieval and early modern eras..
Recent Publications & Presentations
- “Interfaith Relations and Religious Conversion: Shi’ism in William of Tyre’s Historia,” Seventh Annual Medieval and Early Modern Studies Summer Festival, University of Kent in Kent, United Kingdom, Summer 2021 (virtual).
- “Constantinople and Jerusalem: Imperial Legitimacy in Christendom During the Tenth and Eleventh Centuries,” 13th Annual Northern Illinois University History Graduate Student Association Conference, Spring 2021 (virtual).
- “Freedom and Vengeance: How Late Period Egypt and the Late Classical Greek City-States Contributed to the Decline and Fall of the Persian Empire,” a work published in Samford University’s 2016-2017 SURJ academic journal and presented at the 2016 SoCon conference at Wofford College.
- ‘William of Tyre, the Lyon Heracles, and the Question of Byzantium’s Place in Christendom,” a work presented at the 2018 Phi Alpha Theta conference at the University of Montevallo.
Awards & Honors
- Albert Burton Moore Memorial Award Outstanding Graduate studies in European, Latin American, or Asian History (2023)
- National Alumni Association Fellowship at the University of Alabama (2019)
- Stockham Scholarship at Samford University (2017 – 2018)
- Theta Alpha Kappa National Honor Society for Religious Studies/Theology, Alpha Iota Epsilon Chapter at Samford University
- Phi Alpha Theta National Honor Society for Historical Studies, Epsilon Rho Chapter at Samford University