- United States History
- Gender and Women’s History
- Military and Naval History
- BA, Baldwin Wallace University, 2016
- BS, Baldwin Wallace University, 2016
- MA, Kent State University, 2018
- Civil War conceptions of masculinity and cowardice.
- Effects/influence of battle trauma on Civil War soldiers and veterans coping mechanisms.
- “Dismantling the Dichotomy of Cowardice and Courage in the American Civil War,” MA Thesis, (Kent State University, 2018).
- My dissertation research centers around a group of brothers who served as federal soldiers during the American Civil War. I investigate the role of nineteenth-century societal expectations and norms, conceptions of manhood and masculinity more broadly, and how these themes affected the brothers’ service to the Federal Army throughout the course of the war and their position as veterans afterward.
Awards & Honors
- Graduate Research Assistantship, 2019
- Outstanding Seminar Paper Finalist, Kent State University, 2017
- Outstanding Teaching Assistant Award, Kent State University, 2016