- United States History
- History of Race
- Military and Naval History
- Southern History
- MA, The University of Alabama, 2021
- BS, Murray State University, 2019
- Race and Medicine in the nineteenth century, with a focus on the impact of racial theory on African American Civil War soldiers.
- review of Healing a Divided Nation: How the American Civil War Revolutionized Western Medicine, by Carole Adrienne, The Journal of Military History (Forthcoming).
- review of W.G.: The Opium-addicted Pistol Toting Preacher Who Raised the First Federal African American Union Troops, by Donna Burtch & William Burch, The Civil War Monitor (Forthcoming).
- review of Medicalizing Blackness: Making Racial Difference in the Atlantic World, 1780-1840, by Rana Hogarth, Southern Historian (Spring 2021).
Awards & Honors
- Charles G. Summersell Fellow in Southern History, The University of Alabama, 2022-3
- Frank Lawrence Owlsey Memorial Scholarship, The University of Alabama, 2022