UA promotes robust inquiry in all periods of American history. Our strength in social, cultural, and political history is complemented by specializations in African American history, Native American history, military and diplomatic history, constitutional history, intellectual history, religious history, economic and business history, and gender history.
- Assistant Professor Sharony Green’s The Grant Green Story to be Screened by School of Music
- Dreams of Dominion Conference to Highlight to Highlight Connections Between the 19th Century U.S. South and Latin America
- Cornell University Professor Edward Baptist Speaks to Department
- J. Michael Francis Speaks With Department About Indians, Europeans, and Africans in Florida Before 1603
- Dr. Edward Baptist to Speak on “Creating White Freedom by Hunting Enslaved Africans”