Dr. Sean Lafferty
Ph.D., University of Toronto, 2010
- Law and Society in the Age of Theoderic the Great: A Study of the Edictum Theoderici (Cambridge University Press, 2013).
Journal Articles, Book Chapters, and Essays
- “The Law.” In Shane Bjornlie, et al. (eds.), A Companion to Ostrogothic Italy (Leiden: Brill Academic Publishers, 2016): 147-72.
- “Ad Sanctitatem Mortuorum: Tomb Raiders, Body Snatchers and Relic Hunters in Late Antiquity,” Journal of Early Medieval Europe 22.3 (2014): 249-79.
- “Law and Order in the Age of Theoderic the Great, c. 493-526,” Journal of Early Medieval Europe 20.3 (2012): 260-290.
- “Law and Society in Ostrogothic Italy: Evidence from the Edictum Theoderici,” Journal of Late Antiquity 3.2 (2010): 377-404.
- “Italy in the Twilight of Empire: The Decline of Roman Law and Culture under Theoderic the Great, c. 493-526, Canadian Journal of History 45.3 (2010): 457-484.
- Shane Bjornlie, Politics and Tradition Between Rome, Ravenna and Constantinople (Cambridge, 2013), in the Journal of Late Antiquity 6.2 (2013): 373-75.
Awards and Honors
- Richard and Diane Cummins Legal History Research Grant, Jacob Burns Law Library, George Washington University, Washington, DC (2015)
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada Postdoctoral Research Fellowship (2011-2013)
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada Doctoral Scholarship (2003-2007)