UA promotes robust inquiry in all periods of American history. Our strength in social, cultural, and political history is complemented by specializations in African American history, Native American history, military and diplomatic history, constitutional history, intellectual history, religious history, economic and business history, and gender history.
- Students to Help Unveil Marker for Victims of Lynching
- USF Professor J. Michael Francis to Speak on “Before Jamestown: Europeans, Africans, and Indians in La Florida, 1513-1603”
- Department Celebrates Publication of Dr. Erik Peterson’s The Life Organic
- Dr. Edwin C. Bridges, Former Director of the ADAH, to Speak on the Importance of Alabama History, February 27
- Professor Kathleen DuVal to Accept Deep South Book Prize and Speak on Independence Lost, February 15