Stretching from the early Atlantic world to modern and contemporary Mexico, UA has great strengths in South American, Central American, and Caribbean history. Issues of cross-cultural relations, race and ethnicity, national and regional identity, and popular and political culture are widely investigated. Latin American History also benefits from the Alabama-Cuba Initiative, which gives faculty and students opportunities to study in Cuba.
- Dr. Glenn Brasher’s Review of PBS’s Mercy Street Featured in Smithsonian.
- Graduate Students Fall to Faculty in Annual Softball Match
- Dr. Lawrence F. Kohl Retirement Lecture a Huge Success
- Associate Professor Andrew Huebner Appointed Distinguished Lecturer
- Department Professors Participate in Commemoration of WWI Centennial