- PhD, Yale University, 2014
- Early modern British history
- Popular politics and power
- The creation of religious and national identities
- Social and institutional networks
- Microeconomics and social economic history
- Migration and immigration in the early modern world
- A People’s Reformation: Religion, Politics, and Society in the Elizabethan Parish
- England under the Tudors (HY 491)
- England under the Stuarts (HY 491)
- History Colloquium (HY 665)
Awards and Honors
- “The Pious Politics of Godly Women in Post-Reformation England,” in Germany and Britain in the Reformation: Comparison, Transfer, and Entanglements, ed. Frank-Lothar Kroll (forthcoming).
- “Pensioners, Prisoners, and Pupils: Charity at the Tudor University,” in Renaissance College: Corpus Christi College Oxford in Context, 1450-1600, ed. John Watts (forthcoming).
- “Ecclesiastical Improvements, Lay Impropriations, and the Building of a Post-Reformation Church in England, 1560-1600,” The Historical Journal 58 (March 2015): 1-23.