- PhD, The City University of New York
- U.S. Legal and Constitutional History
- History of Privacy
- 20th Century U.S. Social and Political History
- How to Talk About Privacy (Without Sounding Like a Conspiracy Theorist)™ – manuscript preparation
- The Great Cases in US Legal History (HY 306)
- The Right to Privacy (HY 430)
- U.S. Constitutional History (HY 323 & 324)
- The New Deal and The Great Society (HY 400)
- American Civilization Since 1865 (HY 104)
Awards and Honors
- John Anson Kittredge Prize, 2016
- Intercollegiate Studies Institute Liberty Teaching Grant, 2014
- Queens College Presidential Award for Excellence in Teaching, 2016
- None of Your Damn Business: A History of Privacy in the United States, University of Chicago Press, forthcoming.
- “Big Iron and the Small Government: A History of Data Collection and Privacy in the United States,” Journal of Policy History, Vol. 28, No. 4, Fall 2016.
- “Reports that ‘Privacy is Dead’ Have Been Greatly Exaggerated,” The Wall Street Journal, Sep 5, 2017.
- “Can Government Function Without Privacy?” The Atlantic, November 1, 2015.
- “Privacy and the Profit Motive,” The Nation, May 4, 2015.