- PhD, The City University of New York
- U.S. Legal & Constitutional History
- History of Privacy
- 20th Century U.S. Social and Political History
- The Great Cases in US Legal History (HY 309)
- The Right to Privacy (HY 352)
- U.S. Constitutional History I & II (HY 323 & 324)
- The First Amendment (HY 351)
- American Civilization Since 1865 (HY 104)
- None of Your Damn Business: A History of Privacy in the United States, University of Chicago Press, 2019.
- “Big Iron and the Small Government: A History of Data Collection and Privacy in the United States,” Journal of Policy History, Vol. 28, No. 4, Fall 2016.
- “Reports that ‘Privacy is Dead’ Have Been Greatly Exaggerated,” The Wall Street Journal, Sep 5, 2017.
- “Can Government Function Without Privacy?” The Atlantic, November 1, 2015.
- “Privacy and the Profit Motive,” The Nation, May 4, 2015.