- Gender and Women's History
MA, University of Alabama in Huntsville, 2014
MA, University of Alabama in Huntsville, 2001
- Language in the Construction of Identity/Gender Production and Performance
- Jewish/Holocaust Studies
- Civil War
- Latin America
- “Dora Rozencwajg Nesselroth: Negotiating Survival in Occupied Territory” (Birmingham Holocaust Education Center, October 2015).
- “Making Confederates: Building Nationalism Through Print” (Gorgas Library Exhibition, Spring 2015).
- “Decoding Oral History at the Birmingham Holocaust Education Center: Connecting the Civil War to the Holocaust,” AHA Today: A Blog of the American Historical Association (August 3, 2015).