- United States History
- Southern History
- MBA, Loyola University Chicago, 2017
- BA, The University of Alabama, 2012
- Post-Civil War U.S. South
- Civil Rights
- Community Planning and Development
- Public Policy
- Review of The Risen Phoenix: Black Politics in the Post-Civil War South, by Luis-Alejandro Dinnela-Borrego, in Southern Historian 39 (Spring 2018): 73-75.
- “How Early White House Conversations Influenced Civil Rights,” whitehousehistory.org, July 24, 2018.
- My master’s seminar project, “Segregation By Another Name: Slum Clearance in the Queen City on the Coosa,” examines urban renewal and resistance in northeast Alabama.