- BA, Mount Mary University, 2004
- MLIS, Indiana University-Purdue University, 2022
- Uncovering the experiences and history of enslaved men, women, and children in Alabama.
- History as a tool to nurture healing in communities.
- The links between history and education, community, and social justice.
- Genealogy and local history.
- Public history.
- Oral history.
- Community participatory networking.
- “The Storied Life of Dr. George Washington Coffey, an Early African-American Physician in Gadsden, Alabama,” Gulf South History & Humanities Conference, Gulfport, MS, October 13-15, 2022.
- Copy editor, Southern Historian (2023).
- Judge, Alabama History Day (2023).
Awards & Honors
- Departmental Fellowship, Department of History, The University of Alabama, 2022-3