- BA, Fluminense Federal University
- Atlantic History
- Slavery and Childhood
- Race before Race
- “William Lloyd Garrison and Free Blacks: A Study on the Interracial Character of the Abolitionist Movement,” Ars Historica (2020).
- “The Rise of Antislavery and the British Representations of Iberian Slavery- 18th Century,” Revista de História da UEG (2019): 1-9.
- “The Dawn of Abolition in Global Perspective,” Revista Aurora (2018): 21-34.
- “Restrictions on Manumission, Abolitionist Societies, and the African Free School of New York,” Revista Outrora (2018): 220-234.
- Review of What is Global History? by Sebastian Conrad, Revista Cantareira (2018): 235-237.
- “Black Schools in Nineteenth-Century Brazil: Teaching an Alternative to Western Racial Hierarchies,” African- American Intellectual History Society Annual Conference, (2021).
- “Patriotic Societies, Mercantilism, and Iconography in Eighteenth-Century Great Britain: An Analysis of ‘Britain’s Right Maintained, or French Ambitions Dismantled’, Emblem,” State University of Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro (2018).
- “The Place of ‘Global’ in Early Modern History,” 15th Political History Seminar, State University of Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro (2018).
- “Abolition and Voyages: James Ramsay’s Accounts and its repercussion in Great Britain,” Federal Fluminense University, Rio de Janeiro (2017).
- “Abolition: the evolution of debates on anti-slavery to the present,” 4th National Meeting of History of the United States, University of São Paulo (2017).
- I am studying slavery and childhood in the Atlantic World during the long eighteenth century. My current project investigates how enslaved children experienced suppression of kinship both in their ordinary lives and in traumatic events such as the sale of a loved family member. I am trying to understand how kinlessness made them more vulnerable to slavery and how kinship ties forged their spiritual, emotional, social, and physical survival.
Awards & Honors
- Dean’s Award of Merit, The University of Alabama, 2021-2024
- Graduate Council Fellowship, The University of Alabama, 2021
- Teaching Assistantship in Early Modern History, Universidade Federal Fluminense, 2018