- United States History
- Gender and Women’s History
- Southern History
- MA, University of New Hampshire, 2014
- BA, University of New Hampshire, 2010
- History of Sexuality in the United States
- LGBTQ Political History
- 20th Century Political Movements
- “An Ally and Intermediary: Bella Abzug, Gay Rights, and the Equality Act,” Modern American History 5, no. 2 (July 2022): 1-23.
- “Beyond Sexual Politics and Sexual Communities: Unlikely Spaces for Queer Identity Formation in the Postwar U.S.,” Essays in History 54 (April 2022): 1-6.
- review of Patriots, Prostitutes, and Spies, by John M. Belohlavek, Southern Historian, 34 (Spring 2018): 82-4.
- Currently completing my dissertation, “With Friends Like These: Mainstream Allies of Gays and Lesbians in the United States, 1950-1980,” which analyzes the role of mainstream intermediaries in the struggle for gay rights in the latter half of the twentieth-century United States.
Awards & Honors
- The Frank Lawrence Owsley, Sr. Memorial Scholarship for Superior Competency in History, 2018