- MA, Sam Houston University, 2018
- BA, Sam Houston University, 2016
- 19th and 20th-Century United States
- Civil War
- Southern History
- Ethnic/Gender/Race Studies
- Social History
- Graduate Research Assistant for UA Taskforce Studying the History of Slavery and Its Legacies, 2021-2023.
- Review of Hood’s Texas Brigade: The Soldiers and Families of the Confederacy’s Most Celebrated Unit by Susannah J. Ural (Baton Rouge: Louisiana State Press, 2017), for Southern Historian XL (Spring 2019): 109-10.
- “The Cabiness Family Lynching: Race, War, and Memory in Walker County, Texas,” coauthored with Dr. Jeffrey Littlejohn, Jami Horne, and Dr. Charles Ford, Southwestern Historical Quarterly, Vol. 22 (July 2018): 1-30.
- Review of The Army of the Potomac in the Overland and Petersburg Campaigns: Union Soldiers and Trench Warfare, 1864-1865 by Steven E. Sodergren (Baton Rouge: Louisiana State Press, 2017), for The Civil War Monitor, February 28, 2018.
- Review of Faces of the Civil War Navies: An Album of Union and Confederate Sailors by Ronald S. Coddington (Baltimore: Johns Hopkins University Press, 2016), for The Civil War Monitor, November 11, 2017.
- “Texas Settlement: Deception in the German Hill Country,” West Texas Historical Review 93 (Fall 2017): 46-57.