- Read an overview of the department’s graduate program and what makes UA a great place to study history
- Review information and advice about how to apply to either the MA or the PhD program in history, plus some FAQs
- Check out overviews of the MA and PhD programs
- Learn more about the MA program.
- Learn more about the PhD program.
- See where our graduate students have been getting jobs
- Learn about opportunities for professional activity and development
- Read about “Where Historians Work.”
- Prospective students should contact the Director of Graduate Studies, Dr. Daniel Riches, to arrange a visit.
- The Department of History is located on the second floor of ten Hoor Hall.
- Information about visitor parking can be found on the UA Parking Services website.
- The closest parking deck to the history department is the North ten Hoor Parking Deck.
- Before contacting us, you might want to consult the UA academic calendar so that you know when classes are in session.