PhD Student (advised by John M. Giggie)
Specialty Field: History of American Religion
MA, The University of Alabama, 2015
BA, summa cum laude, The University of Alabama, 2012
- Restoration Theology.
- Religion and War
- “Dixieland’s Demise: T.B. Larimore’s Dixieland College and the Tenuous Position of Christian Colleges within the Churches of Christ,” Restoration Quarterly (forthcoming).
- “Vattel, Emmerich de,” in War and Religion: An Encyclopedia of Faith and Conflict (forthcoming).
- Review of The Muscle Shoals Legacy of FAME, by Blake Ells, foreword by Jason Isbell, Southern Historian (forthcoming).
- Review of American Protestant Theology: A Historical Sketch, by Luigi Giussani, translated by Damian Bacich, foreword by Archibald J. Spencer, H-AmRel (forthcoming).
- Review of Superchurch: The Rhetoric and Politics of American Fundamentalism, by Jonathan J. Edwards, H-AmRel (forthcoming).
- Review of The Age of Evangelicalism: America’s Born-Again Years, by Steven P. Miller, H-AmRel (forthcoming).
- Review of Through a Glass Darkly: Contested Notions of Baptist Identity, edited by Keith Harper, Southern Studies (forthcoming).
- Review of Apocalypse, the Millennium, and the American Civil War Era, edited by Ben Wright and Zachary W. Dresser, Southern Historian (forthcoming).
- “Madalyn Murray (O’Hair) Files Suit to End Prayer and Biblical Readings in Public Schools (1960),” in Great Events in Religion: An Encyclopedia of Pivotal Events in Religious History (forthcoming).
- My dissertation will examine changing conceptions of “the church” within the American (Stone-Campbell) Restoration Movement.