Adam H. Petty
MA – The University of Alabama, 2014
BA – Brigham Young University, 2011
- 19th Century American History (Jacksonian, Civil War era, Gilded Age, Southern, Latter-day Saints)
- History of Mexico and the Brazilian Empire
- Ancient Greek and Roman History
- The American Revolution
- World War II
- “Reconsidering the Wilderness” (Advisor: George C. Rable)
- “Wilderness, Weather, and Waging War in the Mine Run Campaign,” Civil War History 63 (March 2017): 7-35.
- “Latter-day Saint Beginnings in Alabama,” Alabama Review 69 (July 2016): 187-216.
Awards and Fellowships
- Graduate Council Fellowship (2017)
- Frank Lawrence Owsley Memorial Scholarship for superior competency in American History (2015)
- Dean’s Merit Award (2012-2014, 3 yr. limit)
- Graduate Council Fellowship (2012)
- I have served as an editorial assistant, book review editor, assistant editor, and editor of the Southern Historian, a journal of southern history. Visit http://southernhistorian.ua.edu/ for more details on the journal.
- I have previously taught American Civilization to 1865 and Western Civilization to 1648.