Dr. Jenny Shaw
Ph.D., New York University, 2009
- History of the Atlantic World
- History of the Early Modern English Caribbean
- Race and Slavery in the Americas
- Approaches to the Archive
- History of American Civilization to 1865 (HY 103)
- Nineteenth Century Black History (AAST/HY 319)
- Comparative Slavery and Emancipation (HY 411)
- Atlantic History (HY 300)
- Caribbean History (HY 475)
- Undergraduate Research Seminar (HY 430)
- Graduate Proseminar: United States History to 1865: Atlantic Perspectives (HY 606)
- Graduate Writing Seminar (HY 651)
- Everyday Life in the Early English Caribbean: Irish, Africans, and the Construction of Difference (Athens, GA: University of Georgia Press, Early American Places Series, 2013).
- with Kristen Block, “Subjects without an Empire: The Irish in the Early Modern Caribbean,” Past and Present, no. 210 (Feb 2011): 33-60.
- “The Wife, the Whore, and the Wench: Race, Power, and the Archive of Possibility in Colonial Barbados” (article under submission).